Friday 25 October 2013

Lush bubblegum lip scrub | Handpicked Beauty


Hey everyone,
During the winter season I get really cracked, dry lips. It’s horrible to apply lipstick on, and they are so dry and chapped. ( I know, so attractive ;)) I know a lot of people have this issue, and I wanted to review this popular lip scrub from lush because for me it is an absolute winter essential.
I showed how to make your own DIY lemon lip scrub -here- but although I think they’re equally effective the lush one is brighter, happier with a bubblegum flavour for dark winter days.


I love Lush packaging and this is no exception; in a gorgeous cute tub with the unique Lush branding, this product is really distinctive in my makeup drawer and feels like an expensive product due to the glass jar.
I do have to admit I think the lush lip scrub is overpriced for what it is, but I definitely don’t regret buying it. However, if you want a more budget version you can just make the lemon lip scrub, massage a towel over vaselined lips or simply use a toothbrush. These all work just as effectively, but the Lush one is pink with a bubblegum flavour which is a cute treat for your handbag.



It tastes so delicious (i could eat it from the jar with a spoon)!!!


I gently scrub it over my dry lips and then lick it off, and my lips feel so smooth with no flakiness whatsoever. This is the perfect product to use before applying lipstick as it it so softening too. I then apply some Carmex and I feel like I’ve had a lip spa treatment!



I use this about once a week, or whenever I am wearing a bold lipstick so my lips are more smooth.

Overall, I think this is a lovely Winter product to treat yourself to and it gives your lips some extra love in the cold weather.

                                                               <3





4 comments:

  1. I love the Lush lip scrubs so much! My favourite, Sweet Lips, has been discontinued I think which is a huge shame because it was amazing, but I'd really recommend the Popcorn one - it tastes amazing! Great post x

    http://realityleaveslotstoimagination.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've wanted this scrub for ages and your post reminded me! I'm defs picking this up next time I'm in a lush store :)

    Amy| The Little Koala Blog ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I really like your blog! I'm so following! Please check out mine. :)
    http://notofthisworldlove.blogspot.com/
    -Michaela

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment so we can chat! I reply to every comment :) xx