Tuesday 22 January 2013

The Bodyshop cream compact foundation review :)

Hello everyone!

Today I'm going to do a review on a foundation I love to pieces- The Bodyshop cream compact foundation SPF 15! I have it in the shade 105 Rose Ivory, which I think is the palest shade as I am very very pale! It is £16 which I think is a little pricey, but I think it is worth it because it gives such a nice touch to the face, and enhances your natural skin without looking fake.



It doesn't have a hint of orangeness in it, which is a first for me as a lot of foundations leave me with a fake, orange look, but this just adds a bit of extra love to what I have already got, without changing it completely :D One bad thing though is that it makes dry skin stand out even more, so you have to apply it very quickly after applying your moisturiser so it doesn't dry your skin even further. I think this is perfect for oily or combination skins, but if  you have dry skin like me you can still love this foundation but you have to make sure you are prepping your face properly.

A downside to it is that it doesn't last long at all, as you can see I have hit pan a long time ago and I only bought it in October, and I don't wear it everyday either. Also the packaging quickly becomes very messy as you can probably tell! ;)


It gives me a lovely velvety finish and is very easy to blend. It comes with a small brush, however this isn't great so I usually just use this No.7 foundation brush. It's a very light coverage, and feels like a second skin because it is so blendable and smooth, and leaves your skin very soft! It is buildable though, so after applying one layer you can always apply more if you are wanting to cover more.




I hope you enjoyed this post and if you want to see more like this let me know! :D Also, I hope you can tell but I finally got a good camera so I've put quite a lot of effort into taking these pictures. If you want to use them feel free, but make sure you link them back to this blog.

Have a sweet day,

Emma-Kate 
xxx

5 comments:

  1. Hi darlin! Thank you so much for following my blog:)! I'm following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely recommend it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your blog, how old are you? and also how do you get that cute border around all of your photos? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't actually know how I got the border, it just automatically does it :') and aww thanks! :D x

      Delete

Leave a comment so we can chat! I reply to every comment :) xx