Wednesday 30 January 2013

Small things which make me happy :)

Hey everyone!

Firstly, I have finally entered into the world of Instagram, and have been enjoying it immensely! Feel free to follow me :)
Today I wanted to do a post about little things which make me happy, because I've felt really tired and worn out lately due to lack of sleep but there are loads of tiny happies which make me smile.

Personally, if I am wearing a really nice pair of socks it immediately makes me feel happy because 1. It makes my horrible feet look pretty 2. They are nice to look at and if you have to wear plain black socks for school, it's just nice to wear a pretty pair for a change! No, I'm not crazy... ;)




I spend way too much time in my room, on facebook, doing homework etc and it usually ends up with me feeling stressed out and with a headache, so I just find that having a cup of tea with my mum and talking to her about her day, helping my little brother with a jigsaw or doing something creative like card making with my sister, just puts a smile on my face and makes me feel happy that I can spend time with my family.




To me, having a hot bath with a bath bomb in (if I'm going to go all out maybe with candles around it ;) ) and reading the cath kidston magazine with a cup of tea in my hand just boosts my mood as well as relaxing me.

Putting extra time into preparing things, like making myself a fruit salad to take to school or making a smoothie for the next morning, makes me feel super organised and also gives me more fruit so I feel healthy, active and ready to embrace the day with a smile :-)

My friend made this for me, and I just think it's the cutest thing ever! :D

I know I'm acting older than my age when I say I love early nights with a passion,  but the feeling of reading a book whilst snuggled in my pyjamas with a hot water bottle just relaxes me and gives me a chance to destress from the day... :)


Have a nice day everyone and thanks for reading! Emma-Kate xxx



4 comments:

  1. adorable socks make me unbelievably happy and give me warm fuzzies inside! :)

    xx http://funsizebeauty.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. the polka dotted socks are cute! and i've never tried a bath bomb before, but i hope i will soon! and the cupcake (i think) is SO adorable! pride and prejudice is my favorite classic :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah thanks! they are from accessorize :) My friend made me that cupcake, I think it's amazing as well! And I love pride and prejudice too ;) xxx

      Delete

Leave a comment so we can chat! I reply to every comment :) xx